Gastric Sleeve Surgery  Overcome Obesity

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) Surgery in Tijuana Mexico

by Dr. Sergio Verboonen

The Benefits of the Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico: Reduces hunger as the part of the stomach that produces hunger (ghrelin hormone) is removed and the weight loss continues for at least 18 months while you develop new habits in both nutrition and physical activity.

You also benefit from improved longevity, long-term weight loss success and improvement/resolution of coexisting diseases.  Among many of it's benefits, you can find the reduction of hunger, due to the removal of the hunger-inducing hormone ghrelin since it will be removed with the larger portion of the stomach.  As a major benefit, it does not require the rerouting of the digestive track and there are no adjustments needed like the lap-band.

For individuals with extreme obesity or patients with critical health conditions related to obesity, the Gastric Sleeve Surgery has become a common and effective bariatric surgical procedure to induce weight loss. The Gastric Sleeve Surgery is mainly recommended for individuals with a BMI above 40.  The Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana is performed by Dr. Sergio Verboonen and a team of surgeons through advanced laparoscopic technique.

Dr. Verboonen's certifications and partners

Free Virtual Consultation

Fill out our form to begin the process of undergoing a free virtual consultation today.

Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana Mexico by
Dr. Sergio Verboonen.

How Does the Gastric Sleeve Surgery Work in Tijuana Mexico ?

Patients who underwent the Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico experienced an approximately 60-100 percent reduction in the additional body weight.

However, this outcome can only be obtained if a patient strictly adheres to the behavioral and dietary instructions provided. It is significant to make a smart choice when it comes to food, maintain a daily exercise regime and adopt healthy eating habits to experience weight loss and keep it off.

The Ratio of Complication Is very Low for the Gastric Sleeve Surgery

The risk of post-surgery complications is relatively low with the Gastric Sleeve Surgery because it does not involve implantation of any foreign object in the body and it does not require any complicated restructuring of the digestive system as compared to the other bariatric surgical procedures.

The patients who adhere to all guidelines during their recovery period reported that they could easily consume different varieties of food items such as meat and fiber-rich vegetables among a complete balanced diet.

Although it is a less complicated bariatric procedure, the patient needs to be aware of the fact that the Gastric Sleeve Surgery is a permanent alteration of your stomach and it is irreversible.

In the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, approximately 80 percent of the stomach is removed and the remaining 20 percent of the stomach is left in shape of a banana or a sleeve which is capable of holding less volume of food 6-8 oz.

HOW CAN A GASTRIC SLEEVE SURGERY HELP WITH WEIGHT LOSS

Reducing the size of the stomach results in minimizing the level of the hormone known as ghrelin within the body which induces the feelings of hunger.

As a result, patients who undergo the Gastric Sleeve Surgery will experience less hunger. In this way, the Gastric Sleeve helps with instant and effective weight loss. Within a period of one year after the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, patients can expect to reduce approximately half of their additional body weight without any requirements of implanting a gastric band or rearranging the digestive tract (results vary by BMI).

Considering that ghrelin also performs a substantial role in the metabolism of sugar in the blood the patients having obesity-induced type 2 diabetes usually experience an instant reduction in their requirement for medication of diabetes (result vary).

THE SURGERY PROCESS

The Gastric Sleeve Surgery is a bariatric procedure that decreases the size of the stomach creating a restrictive food intake condition.

Considering that we use the least invasive laparoscopic technique the procedure is completed within an hour or less and the patient fully recovers within 15 days (some physical activity will require longer times).

However, we feel obliged to inform our patients that the particular outcome of the Gastric Sleeve Surgery is never assured and each individual may experience a different outcomes.

After undergoing the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, patients tend to satisfy their hunger with a small portion of a meal, experience less hunger and therefore lose weight fast.

During the Gastric Sleeve Procedure, about 80 percent of the stomach is removed. The remaining part of the stomach is sealed in a shape of the elongated sleeve, which means that the ability of the stomach to hold food is reduced substantially. The sleeved shaped remaining stomach will remain connected to the small intestine so that the nutrients in the food can be absorbed by the body during the food digestion process.

Choosing  VBariatric Institute (Obesity Goodbye Center) to undergo Gastric Sleeve Surgery means that there will be a higher possibility of success with lifelong results if you dedicate yourself to lose weight by eating healthy and maintaining an active lifestyle.

DR. VERBOONEN PERFORMS AN ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY PROCESS.

As the surgery will commence, you will be placed under general anesthesia. Considering that the VBariatric Institute (OGBC) follows an advance laparoscopic technique, a small incision will be made in the abdomen area and the restructuring of the stomach will be started.

The size of your stomach will be reduced by approximately 80 percent. The unwanted additional part of the stomach will be removed and the remaining 20 percent of the stomach will be sealed with titanium inert staples and a reinforced lining, leaving it in a shape of a curved tube or sleeve. Finally, the incisions will be closed with self absorbing sutures.

Dr. Sergio Verboonen is the most experienced Gastric Sleeve Surgeon in Tijuana Mexico

Gastric-Sleeve-VSG-tijuana-mxAt Vbariatric the Sleeve Surgery is one the most successful bariatric procedures that will support you in weight loss and maintain a healthy life.

The Gastric Sleeve Surgery can also be converted after a patient obtains the desired weight loss outcome to a gastric bypass surgery or mini gastric bypass to maintain the healthy body weight (morbidly obese).

The weight loss treatment would not be complete only with the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Once the surgery is completed, our nutritionists and medical staff will become an inevitable part of your post-surgery accomplishments. They will provide you with a complete dietary plan which will be personalized as per your weight loss objectives, live style and needs

Once you are back at home, it will be highly important for you to follow up with your physician for approximately three months after the surgery. After these three months, we would require you to get a detailed blood examination and provide us with the results for further assessment.

SURGERY TYPE

Vbariatric formerly OGBC (Tijuana) CANCUN
GASTRIC SLEEVE $4,500 $5,500
GASTRIC BYPASS $7,500 $8,500
MINI GASTRIC BYPASS $6,500 $7,500
SINGLE INCISION SLEEVE $5,500 $6,500
GASTRIC SLEEVE PLICATION $4,500 $5,500
DUODENAL SWITCH $8,500 $9,500
LAP BAND $4,500 $5,500
LAP BAND REMOVAL $2,500 $3,500
LAPBAND ADJUSTMENT $150
UPPER GI SCAN $100
ENDOSCOPY $350

CASH PRICE ONLY. PRICES ARE NOT FINAL. RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY. US DOLLAR BASED PRICES.

FEATURES INCLUDED

The surgery cost includes:
Ground Transportation to and from the San Diego Airport (2 PAX)
Hotel Fees (private double room)
Hospital Fees (double or single room)
Medical Fees 
Pre and post operative tests
Nutritional consultation pre and post surgery

FEES

ADDITIONAL FEES
Hiatal Hernia $500
Previous Bariatric Surgery (no cost when performed by Dr. Verboonen) $800

These are potential fees in addition to the surgery base price. CASH PRICE ONLY.

Plan Your Procedure

To schedule your consultation, contact us online or call us at (619) 819-9464 or (800) 318 7089.

FIND OUT MORE REGARDING THE GASTRIC SLEEVE SURGERY WITH DR. SERGIO VERBOONEN

Contact us today by reaching out online to find out more about our safe and cost-effective Gastric Sleeve Surgery. We are committed to offering you everything possible to support you in accomplishing your weight loss objectives and move on with a healthy, active and happy life. You must not wait much further and contact us to find out about your weight loss options.

Dr. Verboonen

Dr. Sergio Verboonen

Dr. Verboonen has been providing life-changing bariatric surgery for a diverse range of patients since 1995. He and his team have performed thousands of bariatric procedures at our Tijuana, Mexico practice. We are proud to be affiliated with:

  • International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
  • Colegio Mexicano de Cirugía para la Obesidad y Enfermedades Metabólicas, A.C.
  • American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery

Fill out our form to begin a free virtual consultation today.

For more information about our services, contact our practice online or call (800) 318-7089.

Contact Us Today

Rate, Review & Explore

Social Accounts Sprite

Tijuana Office

Avenida Madero 2050 Zona Centro CP. 22200
Tijuana, BCN 22200

Open Today 8:00am - 6:00pm

What is the best time for you?

Add additional time

Tell us a bit about yourself...

(800) 318-7089 Send a message