Gastric Sleeve Surgery
Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) Surgery in Tijuana Mexico
The Benefits of the Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Mexico: Reduces Hunger. Has a Shorter Operating Time& Weight Loss Continues for over 18 months.
You also benefit from improved longevity, Long-term weight loss success and improvement/Resolution of coexisting diseases. Among many of its benefit, you can find the reduction of hunger, due to the removal of the hunger-inducing hormone ghrelin since it will be removed with the larger portion of the stomach. As a major benefit, it does not require the rerouting of the intestines and there are no adjustments needed.
For individuals with extreme obesity or patients with critical health conditions related to obesity, the Gastric Sleeve Surgery has become a common and effective bariatric surgical procedure to induce weight loss. The Gastric Sleeve Surgery is mainly recommended for individuals with a BMI above 40. The Gastric Sleeve Surgery at the Obesity Good Bye Center in Tijuana is performed by Dr. Sergio Verboonen through the advanced laparoscopic technique.
How Does the Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana Mexico Work?
As per the statistics, the patients who underwent the Gastric Sleeve Surgery at the Obesity Goodbye Clinic experienced an approximately 60 percent reduction in the additional body weight.
However, this outcome can only be obtained if a patient strictly adheres to the behavioral and dietary instructions. It is significant to make a smart choice when it comes to food, maintain a daily exercise regime and adopt healthy eating habits to experience weight loss and keep it off.
The Ratio of Complication Is Low in the Gastric Sleeve Surgery
The risk of post-surgery complications is relatively low with the Gastric Sleeve Surgery because it does not involve implantation of any foreign object in the body and it does not require any complicated restructuring of the intestines as compared to the other bariatric surgical procedures.
The patients who adhere to all guidelines during their recovery period reported that they could easily consume different varieties of food items such as meat and fiber-rich vegetables.
Although it is a less complicated bariatric procedure, the patient needs to be aware of the fact that the Gastric Sleeve Surgery is a permanent alteration of your stomach and it is irreversible.
In the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, approximately 75 percent of the stomach is removed and the remaining 25 percent of the stomach is left in shape of a tube or a sleeve which is capable of holding less volume of food.
How Can Gastric Sleeve Surgery Help With Weight Loss
Taking out a significant part of the stomach results in minimizing the level of a hormone known as ghrelin within the body which induces the feelings of hunger.
As a result, patients who undergo the Gastric Sleeve Surgery will experience less hunger. In this way, the Gastric Sleeve Surgery helps with instant and effective weight loss. Within a period of three years after the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, patients can expect to reduce approximately half of their additional body weight without any requirements of implanting a gastric band or rearranging the digestive tract.
Considering that ghrelin also performs a substantial role in the metabolism of sugar in the blood, therefore, the patients having obesity-induced type 2 diabetes usually experience an instant reduction in their requirement for medication of diabetes.
The Surgery Process
The Gastric Sleeve Surgery is a bariatric procedure that decreases the size of the stomach to support obese individuals with weight loss.
Considering that the Obesity Goodbye Clinic uses the less invasive laparoscopic technique, the procedure is completed within an hour and the patient fully recovers within 15 days.
However, we feel obliged to inform our patients that the particular outcome of the Gastric Sleeve Surgery is never assured and each individual may experience a different outcome.
After undergoing the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, patients tend to satisfy their hunger with a small portion of the meal, experience less hunger and therefore lose weight instantly.
During the Gastric Sleeve Surgery, almost 75 percent of the stomach is taken out. The remaining part of the stomach is sealed in a shape of the elongated sleeve, which means that the ability of the stomach to hold food is reduced substantially. The sleeved shaped remaining stomach is connected to the small intestine so that the nutrients in the food can be absorbed by the body during the food digestion process.
Choosing the Obesity Goodbye Clinic to undergo Gastric Sleeve Surgery means that there will be a higher possibility of success with lifelong results if you dedicate yourself to lose weight by eating healthy and maintaining an active lifestyle.
As the surgery will commence, you will be sedated under local anesthesia. Considering that the Obesity Goodbye Clinic follows a laparoscopic technique, a small incision will be made in the abdomen area and the restructuring of the stomach will be started.
The size of your stomach will be reduced by approximately 75 percent. The unwanted additional part of the stomach will be removed and the remaining 25 percent of the stomach will be sealed with staples, leaving it in a shape of a curved tube or sleeve. Finally, the incision will be closed.
Dr. Verboonen performs an advanced laparoscopic surgery process.
Dr. Verboonen is the most experienced Gastric Sleeve surgeon in Tijuana Mexico
At the Obesity Goodbye Clinic, the Gastric Sleeve Surgery is one the most successful bariatric procedures that will support you in weight loss and maintain a healthy weight.
The Gastric Sleeve Surgery can also be performed after a patient obtains the desired weight loss outcome through duodenal switch surgery or gastric bypass surgery to maintain the healthy body weight.
The weight loss treatment would not complete only with the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. Once the surgery is completed, our nutritionists at the Obesity Goodbye Clinic will become an inevitable part of your post-surgery accomplishment. They will provide you with a complete dietary plan which will be personalized as per your weight loss objectives.
Once you are back at home, it will be highly substantial to follow up with your physician for approximately three months after the surgery. After these three months, the Obesity Goodbye Clinic would require you to get a detailed blood examination and provide us with the results for further assessment.
Find Out More Regarding the Gastric Sleeve Surgery at the Obesity Goodbye Clinic
Contact the Obesity Goodbye Clinic today to find out more about our safe and cost-effective Gastric Sleeve Surgery. We are committed to offering you everything possible to support you in accomplishing your weight loss objectives and move on with a healthy, active and happy life. You must not wait much further and contact us to find out about your weight loss options.