About the DoctorWith the experience of more than 10,000 bariatric surgeries for Adjustable Gastric Bands performed along with other procedures such as as Vertical Gastroplasty, Gastric Bypass, and the recent Sleeve Gastrectomy. For the last 19 + years, Dr. Verboonen has helped obese patients achieve and maintain the body they have always wanted in a safe and effective manner, being this the principal focus as a highly qualified and experienced surgeon.
Overseas patients are welcomed and treated at affordable prices but with the highest degree of care, by utilizing modern equipment and only the most prepared and experienced team. Our hospital is fitted with state of the art equipment to enable the surgeon to perform cutting edge procedures and also has well-appointed recovery rooms. The main procedure performed is lap band surgery for teenagers and adults.
Bariatric Surgery Specialties: Lap Band, Sleeve, Bypass plus Revision Surgery.
Certifications, Diplomas & Recognitions
Completed Courses & Congress
- November 2013 – Acapulco Guerrero, International Congress of General Surgery 2013
- November 2013 – Professor in the Graduate Course I Bariatric Surgery Lap Band a First Look
- November 2013 – Postgraduate Coordinator in the Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery II Course
- November 2013 – Tijuana, Baja California, Future and Controversies Module III Current Status ofMetabolic Surgery
- October 2013 – Tijuana Baja California, XVI National Congress of Nursing Surgical Innovation andProfessional Commitment – a surgical practice, safe peroperative care.
- August 2013 – Baja California, College of Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Baja California AC Professor item Bariatric Surgery
- July 2013 – Ixtapa Guerrero, XV Congress of Surgery for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases, Coordinating and Assistance – Interactive Video Conference with Key Note.
- May 2013 – Mazatlan Sinoloa, XXII International Congress of the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery , Speaker and Attendance in Pre Bariatric surgery congress course on the Theme: Roundtable for teachers lap band to sleeve technical indications of Gastric Sleeve , Coordinator during the pre. congress Bariatric Surgery. – surgery support demonstration
- April 2013 – Mexico Distrito Federal, Surgery Support Demonstration
- April 2013 – Mexican College of Endoscopic Surgery AC
- April 2013 – Member of the mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery AC
- February 2013 – Mexicali Baja California, The College of Surgeons of Mexicali General AC and Sociedad Mexicana de Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- February 2013 – AC, XIII Congress of the College of Surgeons of Mexicali BC, Reporter and Assistant to the Indications and Technique of the Gastric Sleeve Topic.
- Member of IFSO for the International Federation of Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Disorders
- December 2012 – University Touro Nevada, New York NY 4th International Consensus Summity forSleeveGastrectomy Sleeve (ICSSG) competitor
- December 8 2012 – New York City International Consensus Summit for Sleeve Gastrectomy
- December 30 2012 – Las Vegas NV, MCE Conferences, Participant in Improving Pain Managementin Primary Care Medicine
- March 2012 – Puerto Vallarta Jalisco, The Mexican Association of Surgery for Obesity and MetabolicDiseases AC – Professor in Anatomy and Strategy Paper placement Lap Band
- May 2012 – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico XXI International Congress of Mexican Association ofEndoscopic Surgery X Latin American Congress of Endoscopic Surgery
- April 2012 – Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, XXIII World Congress of Endoscopic Surgery
- April 2012 – XXI International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery
- April 2012 – X Latin American Congress of Endoscopic Surgery
- April 2012 – Pre conference course Coordinator and Endoluminal Bariatric surgery
- April 2012 – Professor ongoing pre.congress and Endoluminal Bariatric Surgery Complications withthe topicEarly Delayed Gastric Banding
- May 2011 – Los Cabos Baja California Sur Mexico, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery AC Coordinator at the symposium “Current Status of Bariatric Surgery
- Assistance XX International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery
- Assistant in Paper Session (Oral and Video Category)
- May 26, 2011 – Los Cabos, San Lucas, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery AC Member of Local Committe
- July 7-10, 2010 – Zacatecas, colegio Mexicano de cirugía parea la obesidad y enfermedades metabolicas/ coordinator / 12th National Congress
- July 11-12, 2010 – Tuxtepec, Oaxaca, Participant of the Papaloapan Medical Congress
- May 4-8, 2010 – Cancun, Quintana Room, Professor of the Obesity Course and CoAuthor of “Rescuing the Bypass with Gastric Band” XIX International Congress
- March 12-13, 2010 – Puebla, Puebla, Professor in the congress during the Metabolic surgery National Meeting
- October 27-29, 2010 – Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico, Associaciation of General Surgery B.C. Professor for Delayed Complications of the Gastric Band , Coordinator – Cogress of Metabolic Surgery
- Nov. 1 – 6, 2009, Alcapulco, Assistant Professor in the 18th International Congress for Gastric Bypass Surgery Demonstration and VSG Demonstration and Lap Band demonstration.
- Nov. 1 – 6 2009, Alcapulco, Professor of Endoscopic Surgery Course at the 18th International Congress
- July 2 – 4 2009, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Attended the XI National Congress for Obesity Surgery
- Attended to the V International Congress Of General Surgery in Guadalara and Coordinator of the Sleeve Gastectomy Module. Guadalara, Mexico . March 2008
- Attended to the V International Congress Of General Surgery in Guadalara and Professor of the theme: Retire the band, how, when and why? Guadalara, Mexico. March 2008
- Attended the V International Congress Of General Surgery in Guadalara and Professor of the theme: Why adjust the band? Guadalara, Mexico . March, 2008